Passat v6 tiptronic problem?

hi, I ahve a irritating problem with the tiptronic gear. After shifting up to the 2nd or 3rd gear so that the rpm goes under 2000rpm and then accelerationg, not hard but anyway quite strongly, there is a hesitation in around 2100-2300 rpm, the rpm goes down about 100-200rpm for a second after that the acceleration is normal. When using the triptronic automatic mode there seem not to be this 'hesitation' and when using the kickdown on manual mode it works also ok. This is quite annouying problem, specially when driving in winter conditions and you want to have a nice constant 4-wheel glide. Is this normal triptronic or V6 behaviour? Anybody faced same problem?

grateful for answers -peppe

Reply to
peppe

I believe this is the torque converter locking up. I've noticed it in both Tip and auto mode.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

My 99 GLX Passat does that about 1900-2000rpm under light throttle. I'm sure it's a dirty throttle housing bore but I haven't got around to cleaning it yet. What year is yours?

Reply to
Woodchuck

That doesn't sound as a expensive fault(?). My is a -98, about 120.000km driven. I had just a bigger service but forget to tell them about this problem... And now when when we got snow and icy roads here in finland the missing of the linear throttle is really bad thing...

-peppe

Reply to
peppe