Re: 1998 A3 intermittant wiper problem

Hey all,

> My 98 Jettas wipers have stopped working on intermittent. I had previously > heard some strange noises during the use of same as well as some jerky wiper > motions. Does anyone know where I should start to try and diagnose problem? > Is there a relay? The other wiper speeds work fine without any trouble. > Thanks in advance, > Chris Burns >

AFAIK, the relay and switch are the sole components in the delay system. I would check the switch to make sure that it is not providing intermittent connection and if it seems OK, throw in a relay. Check around, I have heard there is a relay that fits that is used in Audis and has a variable intermittent function built in.

--TW In the land of fixed interval wipe A3

Reply to
Tundra Wookie

Hmmmm, check the switch....what would that intail taking apart I wonder?

Reply to
Chris Burns

intermittent

If it is assembled in a manner consistent with most things, it should just be a matter of pulling the trim off the steering column, finding the right combination of contacts is a more difficult proposal.

Reply to
Tundra Wookie