W8 wheels on GLS

Has anyone tried to fit Passat W8 wheels and tires (215/55-R16) on '03 Passat GLS 1.8T? I really hate the stock 195/65-R15's - they lose grip so easily.

A friend of mine who unfortunately lives on the west coast has gotten a new package for his W8 and wants to get rid of the previous wheels and tires.

I know the overall circumference and width will be slightly bigger, but that only should get the speedometer to display a more accurate speed (VW speedometers show greater speed than you are actually going, I don't know why)

Anyway, is there any issue with the wheel well clearance during turns or braking? I believe that all Passats have the same suspension design in the front. Any issues in the back?

If they don't fit I'm going to get 205/55-R16, or 205/50-R17, both guaranteed by Tire Rack, which couldn't tell me if 215/55-R16 would cause any issues.

-Paul

Reply to
Paul

done it to my 03 and they fit just fine ;) still break traction if i get on it, but they are better than the 195's if ya want a pics, just lemme know.... hth

Reply to
Ron

Did you have to do an alignment with the new wheels and tires?

Can you send me a couple of pictures?

Reply to
Paul

naw, just bolted on and went... pics r on their way...

Reply to
Ron

Shouldn't need to...that's only if you alter the suspension (lowering, etc.).

Reply to
Matt B.

Could you send me the pictures too?

Reply to