`00 GMC 4X4 with a 5.7 liter with a starting problem

`00 GMC 4X4 with a 5.7 liter with a starting problem. Sometimes starts first try and other times not. When it fails to start there ares no instrument panel lights. The engine still turns over but will not fire. When the instrument lights work the truck will start. Does this sound like a computer problem? Ideas please. DZ

-- Message posted using

information at

DZCAMMAN

No, it sounds like a battery connection problem. Believe it ot not, corroded terminals will let battery turn over, but corrosion on the leads off the terminal can and has caused that problem in three of my friends ani's tahoes. we had to remove terminal wires and clean with baking soda and water, VERY hard cleaning and never had a problem after that. old john

1999 tahoe

Hello, DZCAMMAN! You wrote on Tue, 05 Feb 2008 23:27:42 -0600:

D> `00 GMC 4X4 with a 5.7 liter with a starting problem. Sometimes starts D> first try and other times not. When it fails to start there ares no D> instrument panel lights. The engine still turns over but will not fire. D> When the instrument lights work the truck will start. Does this sound D> like a computer problem? Ideas please. D> DZ

With best regards, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
<ajeeperman

If it was a battery connection it would not crank. I would be looking at a common ground proble with a ground being shared by ECM and panel lights.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan