04 Silverado

I was wondering if anyone else that might have an 04 Silverado (5.3 LT. engine)has experienced any problems with a hesitation on take off on a cold start. I have this problem everytime I start up and the dealer says that they cannot find it. There are no codes in the system and there is no "Check Engine" light on. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem. Thanks

Reply to
MXINSOCAL

havent noticed it on my 04 gmc seirra 5.3 but then again i just bought it so sorry i cant help ya. BUT on my 2000 z71 i had with 5.3 i never had any probs.

Reply to
Charles H.

Maybe it's the torque management function of the PCM limiting the oomph when she's cold. Does it fall flat on it's face or just have a slight hesitation?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Doc, sometimes it falls flat on it's face, and sometimes just a small hesitation. It only has 3000 miles on it! After talking to a couple of very reputable car computer techs, they told me to tell the dealer to Re-flash the computer. It's not getting the signal at the right time. It's out of sync. I took it to the dealer, and the service writer said that he had never heard of re-flashing a computer. Well, he said to drive it, so I guess I will keep driving, I wish a MIL light would come on!! Thanks for your responses.

Reply to
MXINSOCAL

take it to a dealer who has a f*cking clue

Reply to
TranSurgeon

My '02 8.1L has a pathetic hesitation on cool and cold mornings right after startup. I know another that does as well. It feels like the old Chevy 3.8L that was carbureted when the choke would open to early on cold mornings. It sags to next to nothing, you swear it's going to stall and then with a few tickles of the throttle, WHAM it gases and GOES....

I'm taking mine to the dealer for the tailgate cable recall and going to ask to have this issue looked at as well before my warranty runs out in another two months. It never does this during the warmer months at all, only when the morning temps hit the 50s or below....

You'd better go find yourself a better dealership. You might want to mention to the service writer that he should find another line of work if he's not interested in staying up to speed on what's happening in his own shop.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Reply to
Outlander

Down here in the southwest we have never heard of re-flashing a pcm . Ill bet if you told your writer to look at reprograming , he would know what you are talking about. GM manuals talk about reprograming nor re-flashing. Scott

Reply to
zonie

Come on, Scott....it's the same shit, different pile. Are you telling me that if a customer came in asking to have his pcm re-flashed....you wouldn't be able to figure out what he was talking about? We don't call rear axles "pumpkins" up here either, but I know what it means.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Yeah Ian your right. I would have been able to figure it out , but not all the young guys are as well rounded as ourselves. And sometimes service advisors are not the brightest bulb in the chandelier. And we have not seen much of the problem that was originally described. The Silverado seems to better itself as time goes on.

Scott

Reply to
zonie