1998 engine stalls (fuel pump?)

The fuel filter is easy. under the driverside frame rail.

25.00 at pep boys(85.00at dealer)

But, as bad as it sounds, remove the battery cables and clean the corrosion very "very"good.

90% chance that will fix it. john

Reply to
johnny

I own a 1998 xcab 4x4 chevy. Yesterday I was driving it and it was running good but when I pulled into town I parked it, left it running and ran into a building, when I came out after about 2 minutes it had stalled. I got in and started it (no problem) drove it about 1000 yards and it stalled again. Started it again (little hesitant) and drove it home. In the driveway it stalled again a couple of times.

It seems to be idleing at 500 - 700 rpms. Am afraid of a huge repair bill. Was wondering if it could be something like the oxygen sensor or fuel filter. I understand the fuel filter is a beast to change and very expensive.

Thanks for your help

JDL snipped-for-privacy@sasktel.net

Reply to
Jerry Luscombe