1994 Escort door lock actuator loose/broken?

The drivers side door on my Ford Escort is utterly jammed. Have the inner door trim removed, so can access some, and have managed to bend the plastic lock cover back to feel the workings of the assembly.

The door latch actuator in the door panel is fine, and the door opens a fraction. It appears from feeling the lock actuator (not latch) that it is loose and appears to be jammed in the locked position. I cannot remove the latch/lock assembly as the door cannot be opened to give access to the edge where the screws are to allow removal of the assembly.

Any ideas how I can get this door open?

Even if it requires a crowbar, any tips on how to get it open so I can fully remove the lock/latch assembly and investigate the problem further would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Kontaminator

You should be able to remove the lock in situ, by pushing out the bracket that holds the lock to the door.Once you have done this, hopefully a bit of playing you will be able to get the door to open.

Reply to
Tim

Do you mean the lock barrel?

If so the bracket/plate was slid off and the barrel lock completely removed.

However the door remains seized.

Thanks.

Tim wrote:

Reply to
the.kontaminator

I'ss see if i can dig out a diagram of a door (I'v get a Ford disc floating about somewhere) May be of some help. Give me a day or 2 and I will dig it out

Reply to
Tim

Hi Tim,

Did you have any joy in finding the diagram aiding me in my quest for freeing the seized Escort door?

Cheers.

Reply to
the.kontaminator

It's differnt horses for different courses. What makes a tire "superb" for one application makes it "crappy" for another. You want excellent traction, or excellent treadwear? Or super quiet? Or soft ride or excellent handling? Some are mutually exclusive.

Reply to
clare