2000 Blazer security light??

In my 2000 Blazer the security often comes on after I have been driving for a while. What does this mean?

Thanks Ed

Reply to
Ed Kline

You are going to have to go to the dealer and have the system checked with a Tech II. Or if you know someone with a snap-on scanner or something like it. The VTD will have a stored code/freeze frame records. Without it, there is no way to tell which direction to go in diognosis.

Reply to
ebmm

My 2003 Blazer LS 4x4 4 Door w/ 16,000 miles on it does the same thing. I have a Viper remote start on it, and it only seems to do it once in a while (once a month or so).

Sometimes the security light will flash really fast, and then the engine shuts off (radio, lights, dash lights all still stay on, but no brakes and steering power). Lots of fun while driving down the highway at 70.

My Blazer has left me stranded where it wouldn't start a couple times. Of course those times were when I had a car full of people needing to get to a concert, or something like that. It just cranks and cranks, and won't start.

I have had it in a couple times to the dealer to fix it, and it seems to fix it for a couple of months, and then it starts doing the same thing again.

At least I only have a couple years left to my lease. Then someone else can deal with the problems.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

It's the pass key bypass module:

For the remote start. They have to be synchronized with the ECM so that you don't need the key in the ignition to start the vehicle.

Have the installer of the Viper remote start system, replace the pass key bypass module.

That's why I gave up on all brands except Audiovox, Prestige (Which is Aaudiovox), Code Alarm and Auto Page.

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King