2001 Denali, Low Windsheild washer fluid

I just had the winsheid washer jar replaced under warranty in my 2001 GMC Denali, and the 'low windshield washer fluid' message in the message center still comes on. Yes it is filled up full. Does any know how to reset this? I checked the owners manual and I can't find the answer anywhere. I tried the same method you use to reset the oil change message, mashing the accelerator pedal down 3-5 times, and that does help. It would save me a toll call back to the dealership if anyone has the answer. Thanks in advance.

Jerry H.

Reply to
Jerry Hamilton
2001 Denali, Low Windsheild washer fluid Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Wed, Dec 31, 2003, 8:13pm (CST+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@hemc.net (Jerry=A0Hamilton) I just had the winsheid washer jar replaced under warranty in my 2001 GMC Denali, and the 'low windshield washer fluid' message in the message center still comes on. Yes it is filled up full. Does any know how to reset this? I checked the owners manual and I can't find the answer anywhere. I tried the same method you use to reset the oil change message, mashing the accelerator pedal down 3-5 times, and that does help. It would save me a toll call back to the dealership if anyone has the answer. Thanks in advance. Jerry H.

I take it your tank was leaking is why you had it replaced? Or you had it replaced because you light kept comming on and the tech at the dealership tld you it was your tank? Its is more than likely you sensor which measures the level in your tank. Some what common...Or call the dealer and see if there are any updates for your truck that involves your insturment cluster ...But i bet its your sensor....Unexperienced techs dont know how to test sensors so they do the obvious just to pass the ticket....In this case if the light comes on its simple to say its the tank leaking and change it....If that was the reason they replaced your tank and it didnt solve the problem.....Ask for the service manager and state your claim i bet then they will fix it right... Steve C

Reply to
Steve Cook

I know for a fact that the tank was leaking. I put over 2 gallons of fluid in it, and could see it dripping all over the driveway. Good idea, the sensor may be bad also. I'm just wondering if there is a way to reset it, or is it supposed to reset automatically?

Jerry H.

2001 Denali, Low Windsheild washer fluid

Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Wed, Dec 31, 2003, 8:13pm (CST+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@hemc.net (Jerry Hamilton) I just had the winsheid washer jar replaced under warranty in my 2001 GMC Denali, and the 'low windshield washer fluid' message in the message center still comes on. Yes it is filled up full. Does any know how to reset this? I checked the owners manual and I can't find the answer anywhere. I tried the same method you use to reset the oil change message, mashing the accelerator pedal down 3-5 times, and that does help. It would save me a toll call back to the dealership if anyone has the answer. Thanks in advance. Jerry H.

I take it your tank was leaking is why you had it replaced? Or you had it replaced because you light kept comming on and the tech at the dealership tld you it was your tank? Its is more than likely you sensor which measures the level in your tank. Some what common...Or call the dealer and see if there are any updates for your truck that involves your insturment cluster ...But i bet its your sensor....Unexperienced techs dont know how to test sensors so they do the obvious just to pass the ticket....In this case if the light comes on its simple to say its the tank leaking and change it....If that was the reason they replaced your tank and it didnt solve the problem.....Ask for the service manager and state your claim i bet then they will fix it right... Steve C

Reply to
Jerry Hamilton

Re: 2001 Denali, Low Windsheild washer fluid Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Fri, Jan 2, 2004, 7:14pm (CST+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@hemc.net (Jerry=A0Hamilton) I know for a fact that the tank was leaking. I put over 2 gallons of fluid in it, and could see it dripping all over the driveway. Good idea, the sensor may be bad also. I'm just wondering if there is a way to reset it, or is it supposed to reset automatically? Jerry H. "Steve Cook" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-2216.public.lawson.webtv.net...

2001 Denali, Low Windsheild washer fluid Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Wed, Dec 31, 2003, 8:13pm (CST+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@hemc.net (Jerry Hamilton) I just had the winsheid washer jar replaced under warranty in my 2001 GMC Denali, and the 'low windshield washer fluid' message in the message center still comes on. Yes it is filled up full. Does any know how to reset this? I checked the owners manual and I can't find the answer anywhere. I tried the same method you use to reset the oil change message, mashing the accelerator pedal down 3-5 times, and that does help. It would save me a toll call back to the dealership if anyone has the answer. Thanks in advance. Jerry H. I take it your tank was leaking is why you had it replaced? Or you had it replaced because you light kept comming on and the tech at the dealership tld you it was your tank? Its is more than likely you sensor which measures the level in your tank. Some what common...Or call the dealer and see if there are any updates for your truck that involves your insturment cluster ...But i bet its your sensor....Unexperienced techs dont know how to test sensors so they do the obvious just to pass the ticket....In this case if the light comes on its simple to say its the tank leaking and change it....If that was the reason they replaced your tank and it didnt solve the problem.....Ask for the service manager and state your claim i bet then they will fix it right... Steve C

It resets its self once the level is reached....And have been known to go out.... Steve C

Reply to
Steve Cook

Thanks, I've got to go back to the dealership next week to have a new dash pad installed. I'll give them a call where they can have the sensor in stock.

Jerry H.

Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Fri, Jan 2, 2004, 7:14pm (CST+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@hemc.net (Jerry Hamilton) I know for a fact that the tank was leaking. I put over 2 gallons of fluid in it, and could see it dripping all over the driveway. Good idea, the sensor may be bad also. I'm just wondering if there is a way to reset it, or is it supposed to reset automatically? Jerry H. "Steve Cook" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-2216.public.lawson.webtv.net...

[...]

jerry

the connector for the low fluid sensor is at the bottom of the jar .. it may not have been plugged back in ..

if you want a picture of it let me know and i will e mail it to you

paul

remove the (at)

Reply to
Paul Peery