GMC Denali question

I know this is a Chey group, but I can't find a GMC group and they are both about the same. Does anyone know if the GMC Sierra Denali with the 6 L. engine uses regular or premium gas? It seem that the GMC web pages are afraid to say. Joe

Reply to
Joe

I would bet money on just regular. You would have to check the owners manual to be sure. The only time I have seen a vehicle ask for premium was Mecedes. Are you thinking of buying one and want to know if you *have* to put premium in it?

Reply to
Scott M

That truck uses the same 6.0 engine as is in most chevy/gmc p/u's, but the advertise it as have about 30 more hp, IIRC. I don't know how they treaked the engine, but I'd be willing to bet you won't get the max hp output without premium. Burning regular will be OK, you just won't have quite the power. Jeep Grande Cherokee's offer a "high output" V8 option, that has substantially more HP & Torque than the "standard" engine of the same size. The owners manual specifically states that you HAVE to burn premium to obtain rated power, but you can burn regular without damage, you just lose the power ratings. Methinks GM's are most likely the same.

David

Reply to
David Modine

They burn REGULAR. I own a 2001, and was a sales manager at a GMC store for

2 years. I have only burned low grade regular in mine since new (all according to the owners manual) with great results.

However, the sister vehicle to the Denali, the Cadillac Escalade does require premium gas when equipped with the 6.0 engine. Evidently it is running a different chip as it rated at more horsepower and does require premium.

Jerry H.

Reply to
Jerry Hamilton

Just saw you were asking about the SIERRA Denali, but the answer is the same, Regular only. I bought one of those new also, Great Truck.

Jerry H.

Reply to
Jerry Hamilton

Thanks to all that replied. That's what I wanted, a regular burning truck. Now, if I can find one when I am ready to buy. I noticed that they are hard to find and only one dealer has one. Maybe the stock will increase as the model year progresses. Joe

Reply to
Joe

Wish I could have found you when I had mine for sale. Only 4,000 miles on it, sold it for 13,000 under sticker. Lost my butt on it.

Reply to
Jerry Hamilton