93 GMC 4X4 low power & Stalls

I have a 93 GMC 2500 4x4 w/160,000. Sometimes it runs great and sometimes it won't hardly pull itself up a hill and sometimes it will just idle down and die.It will also sometimes on cold starts run real rough for about 5 minutes.I recently gave up replacing parts and took it to a very well equipped shop and left it for two weeks and told them to drive it home,parts runs whatever.They called me 2 weeks later and said they put over 200 miles under all conditions and it never stalled and had plenty of power. On my way home it died twice.Conditions,weather etc,dont seem to affect it.It is just a random thing. I have read several post and there seems to be some real experienced people in here so maybe yall can fix this problem I have had for about 6 months. Thanks P.S. It has been tuned up,fuel pressure is good,replaced temp sensor,knock sensor and the computer shows no faults.

Reply to
JREED

Dont know if this is the cause but you can check it out.

My 95 use to stumble for a moment at a stop, never died though and the lights bould blink off then back on, then back to normal. The main bulkhead electrical connector was where the problem was. The main

12v feed connector to the dash had lost its spring and caused a bad connection. (along with the defrost feed connector) This is evident by opening up the bulkhead connector and physically looking at the pins for black carbon. (4 screws and one in the center) You can also try wiggling the wires entering the bulkhead under the hood. (the BH is behind the under dash convienance center or underhood fuse center on the fire wall.

If you search the net you'll find GM has had problems with the MetriPack connectors they use. Any high current accessory, blower, defroster etc... will eventually thermally alter the contact force of these connectors and they will fail. And they use the same connector pins as feeds thru the bulkhead. (note the ECM bulkhead has no connectors, it just looks that way)

Goodluck

it won't hardly pull itself up a hill and sometimes it will just idle down and die.It will also sometimes on cold starts run real rough for about 5 minutes.I recently gave up replacing parts and took it to a very well equipped shop and left it for two weeks and told them to drive it home,parts runs whatever.They called me 2 weeks later and said they put over 200 miles under all conditions and it never stalled and had plenty of power. On my way home it died twice.Conditions,weather etc,dont seem to affect it.It is just a random thing. I have read several post and there seems to be some real experienced people in here so maybe yall can fix this problem I have had for about 6 months. Thanks

sensor and the computer shows no faults.

Reply to
Martin Riddle

READ my post below this one about the coil and egr valve maybe its the same thing.........ps try the trick about checking your plugs & wires at night.(no light at all mist some windex around the ingnition compoinets and check for blue sparks)

Bmaty

sensor,knock

Reply to
bmaty