2006 Avalanche

Just purchase a new 2006 Avalanche. Had a couple of questions for the group.

First, why does GM not offer a 3.73 axle ratio in the 1500? You can get

3.42, or 4.10 only. The 3.73 is an option in the 2500.

Second, I am still looking for a web site or publication that describes the workings of the auto mode of the 4WD system. If anyone know were to find details and theory of operation, I would appreciate a heads up.

Reply to
Roller

Shep

Well Shep, that was really helpful.

If anyone else has something more technical then a 2 year old would want to read about the operation of the transfer case and front deferential when in automatic, I would love to see it.

Reply to
Roller

Didn't I respond to this once, and include half the manual about how it works? Maybe I'm thinking about someone else. If so, let me know and I'll repost.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

I found a link with all of the details I was looking for.

Roller