2007 Silverado Classic

Does it make that sound even when the engine is off? It may just need grease on the actual brake arm pivot joint.

3rd alignment in 3500 miles sounds very excessive. How much did they change the alignment on the 1st & 2nd trips? Did they flip the tires in the front? Check the tire pressures?
Reply to
John Manner

Owned 3 months and under the dash when applying the brakes a squeaking noise comes from under the dash area. It does NOT appear to be a vacuum or hydraulic noise. Any Thoughts? Tx

Truck will also be going in for its 3rd alignment, only 3,500 miles. Pulls to the left and gets worse when braking. Any Thoughts? Tx

Reply to
Mike

This problem has been known to occur when Chevrolets are made to look like Toyotas.

BIG BIG mistake Chevrolet, all WWII vets and sons aren't dead yet!

Betty

Reply to
Blackie

I will check the pivot.

Always the right fr> > Owned 3 months and under the dash when applying the brakes a squeaking noise

Reply to
Mike

Sounds like you have a collapsed or clogged brake line on the right side which makes only the left side brake; thus pulling to the left. Very unusual in a new vehicle.

Reply to
Me

Reply to
Annmef1

My girlfriend's '06 Tahoe does the exact same thing. I was looking at an '07 Silverado Classic and it was exactly the same on the inside as her Tahoe, so I assume there's got to be a lot of the same parts there.

Do you hear the noise when you first put it in gear and start to take off? Like after it's been sitting, turned off a while? That's when I notice it most, and as I recall, someone else mentioned it here a while back.

~jp

Reply to
Jon R. Pickens

You know....you may be right, but when they also start resembling dodge, I know GM has a serious problem. It has to be more than an identity crisis, and even if thats all it is, it's a shocking betrayal crossing generations of loyal chevrolet owners. Literally sending them into doubts about who they are, and even who American is.

Reply to
Beverly