Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Headlight upgrade on 1995 GMC 4x4 P/U
Just got back from a long roadtrip with lots of backroad night driving. Had hard time seeing at times so decided it was time to upgrade lights. Notice the plastic had fogged up a bit from age so had...
2
2

tire size upgrade
04 gmc yukon xl 1500 4x4 with factory alloy rims on stock 265/70/17 tires.question:can i upsize only tires to 285/70/17 on existing rims without any tire rubbing turning steering wheel lock to must...

Replace V1500 automatic trans with a manual trans?
I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to replace the automatic transmission in a V1500 (or similar truck) with a manual transmission? I have a 1990 Chevrolet V1500 Suburban with a shot transmission...

Suburban Wiper Motor GM Recall
In about 2003, a recall came out for GMC Suburban wiper motors between the years of about 1994 thru 1997, for whatever reason I never received notification and now find myself wanting to change out...
21
21

Advice please...
Hi, can you please recommend make and model for a pickup... 2007 or 2008 towing 2800 lb trailer ~160 miles at a time long lasting low maintenance best value for the money automatic gas or diesel...
5
5

Chevy SSR in white???
Hi, Curious, did Chevrolet ever produce the SSR in white?? BG
1
1

4X4 Wiring
I have seen some posts about 4X4 problems. Does anyone have some wiring info? I have a 1998 K3500. The 4X4 worked when I bought it, then ran into some problems with wires. Turns out, the dealer forgot...
6
6

truck stalling any finally will no start
I had previously had problems with my 96 2500 gas 4x4. It would occasionally stall in parking lots as I would be leaving. This slowly progressed to a more common occurrence. Now I am at the point...

Transfer Case Incicator
I have a '99 k1500 Suburban and the transfer case position indicator light often goes out. It doesn't matter what position it is in, 2hi, 4auto, 4 hi, or 4lo. Is this a common problem? Any ideas what...
1
1

FS: 1992 Chevy Silverado K1500 Extended Cab 4x4 Truck in Reisterstown, Maryland
FS: 1992 Chevy Silverado K1500 Extended Cab 4x4 Truck in Reisterstown, Maryland 170247 Original Miles We purchased this truck in August of 1997 as the second owner, and I can proudly say that it has...

Die, power window switch, DIE!
Life sucks, and so do the power window switches in my 1997 Chevy Tahoe 4x4 two-door. I pressed the "down" section of the 6-prong illuminated beveled switch for the driver's side window and it shorted...
18
18

Repairing the rear wheel arch/qtr panel on a 95 Jimmy 4x4
Hi there, Due to a distraction my wife had, the rear wheel arch on my 95 (well - her 95 Jimmy) is all torn up. There was a little rusting anyway underneath so I wanted to plan to cut it out or drill...

8' Dually bed on a 1993 Chevy Silverado C3500
Will a regular bed fit the dually? Fender wells look the same radius.

how to remove spring clips on 94 suburban rear leaf springs to install new plastic insulators?
Trying to cure the rear spring slapping noise when I go over bumps. Bought 8 rectangular pads (the old ones were paper-thin and mostly destroyed) and 4 roughly H-shaped insulators (or are they called...

Mid-Illinois Mudfest
September 5, 2009. All 4 x 4 vehicles and ATVs are invited. Events include: trails, hillclimbs, mudpits and mud drags burnout. For more information visit -