4.3L valvetrain questions

I just received my Edelbrock 4.3L TBI intake and I figure while I'm in there I might as well replace my lifters (they used to tap quite a bit, although I
don't remember hearing it recently) and possibly upgrade my rockers (I don't think I'm ready to swap cams yet, I'm still a rookie). With all of the differences between different years of 4.3Ls and SBCs, I'm not sure what I need. Can anyone help point me in the right direction? They're hydraulic roller lifters, right? And the rockers, do I need self-aligning rockers or guide plates, or both? Would 1.6 rockers clear my stock valve covers? Would I have to worry about push-rod length (whether I reuse them or not)?
I'd consider replacing the valve seals too but Jimmy doesn't seem to need it (the 'bird on the other hand...). Would it be worth it to get sets for a SBC instead of a 4.3L, just to have the spares on hand? I figure since the SBC is more common the price might be comparable. Any suggestions on brands? Anything else I need to know? Thanks guys.
'91 T-15 Jimmy, 4.3L TBI, 700R4
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file

Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.