'85 S10 Blazer 2.8 ltr - won't turn over

Have had intermittant, and now apparently terminal, problem with no connection being made to turn over engine to start. Replaced Starter and coil/solenoid 4 months ago. Just replaced rotor, cap, and 20 yr old distributor module last week, after engine stalled and would not re-start, but would turn over, and started fine for a week. Problem is probably in loose/corroded/binding wiring in steering column near ignition switch. I could use a URL which will show me how to get in to that area of the steering column to see the condition of the wires. My shop manual is 600 miles away and I don't want to have to buy another one. Any ideas appreciated.

Reply to
s10noturnover

Shep

Try a public libray near where you are at. Photo copy what you need, and have it on hand in the truck. Most public libraies do not require a libray card to look at and photo copy stuff. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig