95 C1500 ABS light on

I have a 1995 C1500 2wd Chevy pickup that has the organge ABS light on. My mechanic tested it and said that I need a new EBCM ($660). I'm not going to pay that kind of money for this pickup, so I'm looking on eBay and other sources for used EBCMs. Any idea which years/models are compatibile with my year of truck? The bottom of my EBCM has 973 printed in blue. Any info would be helpful.

Reply to
aehnle

I was told, but dont quote me, that any EBCM for your model truck will work. Except, it has to be programmed for your vehical by the dealer. Again, this is what I was told. I have the same issue with mine. Sets off a code that their is no commmunication with the Brake Control module.

Good luck

Reply to
snowcatns