2005 Explorer - ABS LIGHT ON

:?:My "ABS" and "ADVANCE TRAC" lights came on and stayed on, in the instrument panel. Furthermore, the "4x4 HIGH" light flashes on
and off.
In addition, Prior to the herein describe problem, the brake pedal felt like the ABS was on, even on dry pavement and at low speed. Now, with all lights still on in the instrument panel, it seems that the onboard computer "OC" has disabled 4WD, ABS and Advance Track "AT"(which the OC is saying to service the AT) therefore am now driving 2WD. I even tried to turned off the truck and turned it on right away and it seems that the onboard computer is trying to reset itself (no light in the panel, but the pedal start to feel like the ABS is on (hissing pedal), however, after a few 100 yards of driving, I am back to square one (ABS and AT lights on and 4x4High light flashing with disabled function!!) Anyone has any ideal of what the problem might be?
I have purchase an OBD2 computer to verify what error code I might get. However did not yet received it!!
Thanking you in advance for your help!!
--
Posted at author's request, using http://www.AutoBoardz.com interface.
Articles individually verified to usenet standards.

This will be a sort of wild guess...
Have you had the oil changed recently? Or the air filter? PVC?
What you have might be a vacuum leak. Check around the engine bay for a loose hose.
CC

Site Timeline