BEAT IT, CRUMPLE IT, HAMMER IT UNTIL IT BLOWS?

Any advice on removing a knock sensor from a 350 TBI? I put a 7/8" cocket on mine, but the edges of the sensor are rounded, not stripped but rounded. Go figure. The socket slipped off like melted butter.

Should I just crumble the thing in a pair of big pliers and pray that it unscrews?

I've got a 42 SES code and wanna be able to pass emission and I've heard, there's almost no way to pass with the SES light on.

Any help would be great.

Brian

93' 1500 C/K
Reply to
brianwrites

You might look into those wrenches that don't grip a nut by the corner, instead they grip in the center of the hex side. They have a wave shape to each side of the wrench and are supposedly good on SAE and metric sizes. I think Bob Vila advertises a set from Sears. I haven't tried them, but they look interesting.

Reply to
Ed H.