96 Suburban K-1500 - Ignition switch removal - HELP

I am about to pull my hair out.. .all 3 strands... I have a 96 Suburban that was almost Grand theft auto.. due to the dumb theives award, they failed... but messed up the column... the cylinder is still intact, but when the key is inserted, it will not turn... I need someone to help walk my through what I need to do to put the new cylinder in....

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Reply to
nf4w

The shit heads may have damage the lock cylinder. Try gently wiggling it and see if that works. Don't force anything or you may damage more than the cylinder. If you know anything about locksmithing may try a bump key. Otherwise I'd suggest hiring a locksmith to either pick it or drill out the cylinder enough to extract the pins. Over the years I've come to the conclusion that sometimes it's better to just let the shitheads steal the car and take it to a chop shop in Mexico than to experience the hell of fixing the stuff they've broken.

Reply to
Bubba