98 Legacy OB Ignition switch replacement

Hi, I'm looking at buying a "theft recovery" vehicle that has had the ignition switch punched out of it and the plastic cover torn off the top of the column. Looks like the wiper switch is broken as well. Airbag is intact. Any idea as to what I will need to fix this? I am pretty car savy and am willing to tear the column out if necessary. Thanks! Jim Lofgren

Reply to
Jim Lofgren

You should start by getting a parts/labor and parts/only quote from a dealer. I've looked at ford ignition switches and they are held in with tamperproof fasteners. It looked like a non-trivial job to change one. A new ford dimmer/turn signal stalk was over $200 for my wife's old taurus.

Reply to
Jim Stewart