ignition switch f350 removal

i lost the keys to a f350 and just wondering if i remove the switch without removing the column?

Reply to
kevin3154

What year? Up to about 1995 (the old body style) with the common 10 cut key can be removed without the key. It does destroy the lock though. Normally, you would have to turn the key to the RUN position, depress a pin on the cylinder, and pull out the cylinder. My big Snap On screwdriver with wrench flats up by the handle works well. Break off the "wings", tap in the screwdriver, turn to "RUN" position with a wrench, depress pin, remove cylinder. I used to have a tool called a Ford Bypass Key. It fell into the legal realm of lock picks, slim jims, and such. It looked like a socket with teeth on the inside and a guide that looked like a stubby key blank. You tapped it onto the cylinder with a hammer and turned it with a wrench. Of course, it destroys the cylinder but it doesn't hurt the column. Those Ignition cylinders arent really that strong. I did a search a while back for the Bypass Key tool and found it on a site for about $25. D****d if I can find it now.

Reply to
Tom Adkins