'96 Yukon front end noise

I've got a '96 Yukon with 160,000 miles.

When I am pulling from a stop, turning right, and accelerating, I get a noise from the right front that sounds like a bearing spinning. Only happens when I am turning right and only on acceleration at low speeds. At higher speeds there is no noise.

Could this be a wheel bearing? A differential bearing?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Burkett
4x4?

Extension tube bearing maybe.

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

Yes, it is 4x4. It makes the noise when I am in 2 wheel drive though. Why would the axle be turning then to make the noise?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Burkett

by design