'97 Chevy Silverado - Blown Head Gasket?

I've got water pouring out from around the bottom of the left side head. Blown head gasket is what I am thinking but the truck is running just fine. I'm just losing water by the gallon all around the gasket area. Any advice before I start this repair would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

-- Message posted using

information at

sdingess

Intake manifold gasket with almost 100% certainty.....these engines are notorious for it. Just a matter of time. Don't replace it with a GM gasket either....

Reply to
Augustus

it is probably the intake manifold gasket(s) a common problem. old john

Hello, sdingess! You wrote on Mon, 06 Oct 2008 17:15:57 -0500:

s> I've got water pouring out from around the bottom of the left side s> head. Blown head gasket is what I am thinking but the truck is running s> just fine. I'm just losing water by the gallon all around the gasket s> area. Any advice before I start this repair would be greatly s> appreciated. Thanks--Message posted using

More information at
With best regards, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
<ajeeperman