98 Chev Blazer rear wiper motor not working

Hi,

I have a 98 chev Blazer with a rear wiper motor. I get nothing when I turn the motor on the low or high setting. I was wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram or knows how to check for voltage across the connector at the wiper motor. All help will be muchly apreciated.

Thanks

FD

-- Message posted using

information at

fogducker

try the fuse first. old john

Hello, fogducker! You wrote on Thu, 31 Jan 2008 19:20:36 -0600:

f> I have a 98 chev Blazer with a rear wiper motor. I get nothing when I f> turn the motor on the low or high setting. I was wondering if anyone has f> a wiring diagram or knows how to check for voltage across the connector f> at the wiper motor. All help will be muchly apreciated.

f> Thanks

f> FD

With best regards, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
<ajeeperman

thanks for your advice...

The fuse is fine and I have control voltage at the motor connector but no switch voltage is present at the motor connector...

-- Message posted using

information at

fogducker

More information at

Then you probably have a problem in the harness that goes through under the carpet. It goes to the right of the drivers seat. It could also be the connector between the rear harness and the front harness. That is inline near the steering column.

Reply to
Steve W.

More information at
I had to replace one on a 98 and a 2000 Blazer. First the panel on the tailgate has to come off.Then un-bolt the motor and sneak through the metal tailgate. Little bit of a maze but can be done with patience. Before you install new one plug in power and try. It will save you some grief installing and finding it is junk. Here is the PROBLEM I bought replacements from Autozone and had to try 3 on the blazer before i found one that works and then it was slow. The 2000 the same but after 2 motors I got one that worked. Seems whom ever is re-building these for Autozone is not to GM Specs. They suck. I would recommend one from a wreck or get one from the dealer. You might pay more but it will work. What happens to the motor is where the nylon gears are in the housing they break or get gunked up and bind. Actually the 2000 had water/moisture in the gear part and was all seized. Good Luck

Reply to
Bob C