97 Silverado

hey all, i just bought a '97 Silverado with all options 2WD, locking rear, ext. cab, etc. 250, 300 miles. any common problems with this year?

Reply to
runningonfumes79

Shep

Pretty solid truck basically. GM has had problems with intake manifold gasket leak antifreeze to back of engine block (not internally) otherwise no real issues.

Reply to
SnoMan

Just my experience: My 98 Burb had the intake manifold gasket done and the heater hose coupling before I bought it. When I bought it it was leaking around the heater core bypass valve. My mechanic has the same truck and suggested I replace the Dexcool with older green coolant (he has).

Not trying to restart a Dexcool debate, I just suggest that you research the issue yourself. If you choose to do it (I did), do a pretty thorough flush of the system.

Just my experience.

Jeff

Reply to
jeff in Atl