'99 K1500 New Body Style

Hey guys, I was truck shopping yesterday and I found a '99 K1500 with the

327 and 88K miles on it.. It's a new body style which i'm not sure i like b/c i'm a sucker for the old ones.. but anyway.. it's a very nice clean truck and hes not asking alot for it.. anyway.. I test drove it and I only found one thing that was wrong with it (so far). It has the tow/haul button the the shifter and upon pushing the button the tranny does not shift out of over-drive. could there be something as simple as a fuse blown? I do know this, when you press the button the tow/haul light comes on on the dash but no shifting.. also this guy used this trucks to haul jeeps around, and he said he never used the tow/haul mode, does this mean problems for the tranny? he was makin like 300-400 mile trips doing this..

The other thing is, how do these motors sound with say a set of flowmasters? I had flows on my truck that had a 350 and I loved the way it sounded.. but do the 327's still sound alright and not like a sick bumble bee?

Other then the new electronics on these trucks and the fact that it should get alot better gas milage and be worth more then my old truck did.. any other reason that I should get a new body style? like I said I really am more a fan of the old body styles..

Adair

P.S. And I know that the new body styles wouldn't hold up as well in a wreck like mine did..

Reply to
Adair Winter

The tow-haul button does NOT drop it out of overdrive. Overdrive will still work. It simply changes the shift pattern so that the truck shifts at higher RPMs so that you it's not downshifting so much.

They sound great with the flowmasters. I have a friend here who actually took his mufflers off completely. Left the CAT in place. It sounds great and still passed the emissions tests.

Don

flowmasters?

Reply to
<dnelson

Ok well I was kinda going off my moms expedition, when you hit the button on hers, it actually shifts into third (if in forth) and increased rpm's and shift points.. I have a friend whos mom has the same style truck i'll ask him if his changes while driving.. I nearly knew it did..

Also I work for a roofing company, I normally just drive around all day measureing roofs and talking to people. but I do have to pull a trailer and haul shingles around (1000lbs+). Is the 327 going to hold up like my old 350 which I loved? lol.... my dad says he knows guys at work that had the old 350's and bought new ones with the 327 and they say there is just as much or more torque in them.. and they are more efficent. correct?

Adair Thanks for the info. Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

Correct, the new 5.3 (327) actually makes more HP and Torque than the stock

350 did. The 5.3 is a good engine.

Don

Reply to
<dnelson