99 Sierra Front Shock

I noticed that my right front shock(OEM, 106k miles) is coated with some kind of light oil, looks like it might be hydraulic fluid. If the shock is in fact blown out, how hard is it to change out on the front end?

Thanks In Advance, -a12vman

Reply to
a12vman

No, it's a fairly easy do it yourself job. And yes, your shock is shot. If you don't replace it now, your tire will wear out pretty quickly.

Something to keep in mind...sometimes the larger chains offer "free installation" of shocks. I had Sears install mine last spring while I shopped at the Mall.

Reply to
Advocate