99 Silverado weird noise during acceleration

Have 90k miles 5.3 4x4.

For about 1 second, while accelerating, I hear the weirdest noise. It's like a droning of sorts. Other than the sound, everything seems fine.

What could this be?

thanks.

chris

If it's the new body style..... & it is with the 5.3 motor...

It could be the drive shaft splined slip yoke sticking...

The yoke must extend & compress on axle wind up & over bumps..

The GM 'slippery' grease put on the splines ($35) or buy

the ($150) nickel plated slip yoke that doesn't stick.....

Be ware: There are a ton of Chev Slip yoke part Nos..

For ride quality improvement... Every Spring is a slip yoke

cleaning & greasing..... on my 00 5.3 Z-71 Ext. Cab LT.....

Reply to
Dennis Mayer