ABS??

93 Chev 1 ton G van Just acquired this truck and am having the following problems with which I need your help.

When the brake pedal is depressed there is a violent shudder from the right front wheel. I took off the wheel and the caliper works fine, lots of pad left and not frozen as I had expected. I suspect the ABS sensor on that wheel is not working properly. How is it removed, cleaned and tested??

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Doug Quance

What's the condition of the rotor? Look at the surface and check for warpage. If the ABS was activating you would most definately feel it in the pedal, and it would be a fast vibration. You would also hear a hum from under your feet, where the control unit is.

Reply to
Mike Levy

Reply to
Charles & Haydee Ziegler