access to back of factory stereo, how difficult? 99 Silverado

Just bought a device on internet that will allow me to connect iPod to factory stereo CD changer input. I need to get to the back of the stereo to plug in the cable.

I have a 99 Silverado, that's the new body type, first year of production.

How difficult will this be? Can I reach in from underneath or will I have to remove the stereo?

thanks.

chris

If it's anything like my old-body '99 K3500 (which I expect it will be

- similar, not exactly the same), then it means popping the trim off the driver's side of the dash, up to and including the stereo area, then popping the stereo out using the two ez-out latches - one on either side.

JLarsson

Reply to
JLarsson

and the stereo wont have cd changer input

Reply to
Adam

The CD changer doesn't feed into the stereo? Really? How does the sound get to the speakers then?

Where WOULD the CD changer input be? Not an input on the CD changer, but the input on the back of the stereo where the output of the CD changer feeds INTO the stereo, yes? Or is there another place the output from the CD changer goes?

Got me curious.

JLarsson

Reply to
JLarsson

Reply to
pika

FYI - access wasn't too difficult ... I watched the chevy dealer accessories guy do it.

However, the 99 model stereo apparently gives these ipod devices lots of trouble. 2 different models didn't work for me. I give up.