98 ES300 Tail light not working

Hi Smart Guys -

My taillight (on the hood) for 98 ES300 is not working. The right side works, but the left side does not work. Can it be fuse problem or wiring or blub problem. The bulb looks fine.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Where is fuse located for the tail light? Can someone point me to fuse location as I do not have th owner manual too.

Thanks,

-BaCha

Reply to
bkc777

The trunk lid is referred to as the "trunk lid" or "deck." The hood is on the front of the car, over the engine compartment.

It is not easy to determine the condition of a bulb just by looking at it. The most likely reason for one bulb to not work is a burnt out bulb. Try replacing the bulb.

If it were a fuse problem, you would not have any tail lights so a bad fuse it not the cause of the inoperative bulb. The tail light fuse will either be in the fuse box under the driver's side of the dashboard or in the fuse box under the hood.

Reply to
Ray O

It was late in the night when I wrote it .. sorry for putting hood instead of trunk. You are right .. the bulb was dead. I replaced and it worked fine.

Things are not always as they seem at first glance. For example, if you were in the UK, your hood is the bonnet, and your trunk is the boot.

Reply to
Copper Emeritus

Yup, and fenders are "wings," windshield is "windscreen," gasoline is "petrol," etc. Since the OP referred to the hood, I figured he or she would call the trunk a trunk and not a boot.

Reply to
Ray O

It was late in the night when I wrote it .. sorry for putting hood instead of trunk. You are right .. the bulb was dead. I replaced and it worked fine.

******* Thanks for sharing your results!
Reply to
Ray O