Air Cleaner upgrade possible??

I have a stock 1994 GMC K1500 350 TBI with stock air cleaner assy/box, dual studs for hold down and the plastic ring with hose connection for the crankcase ventilation connection on the top of the valve cover.

Question: Is there a replacement assembly made to replace the stock closed air cleaner assy with an open sided free flowing assy, to include the top cover with two holes for the hold down wingnuts? If so, can someone post a link where I can purchase the assy from?

Any info and advice is appreciated. Thanks. Andy

Reply to
AndyW

Banks has a top cover replacement thats sold with the 'Stringer' system. Its taller and has an inverted cone the evens out the flow. Its gets rid of the soft spot around 2400 rpm. Has more volume for tip-in and works quote well alone.

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

Either buy a open element,and delete the air box,or just buy a stock replacement. You can buy either just about anywhere on-line. Does that help?

Reply to
Bill

I don't think anyone makes exactly what you are looking for.

Allthough some will take issue with the air filers I belive K&N makes a few different type systems.

Personally likes some others here, I took the 10" edelbrock air filer housing and added a 3.5 inch tall air filter to it. I used a 90 degree pvc pipie to fabricate a connection to the left hand valve cover.

But this air cleaner only has one stud for the air filer hold down.

As others have said I'm not sure they make a open filter type assembly for a dual stud hold down.

I've not looked at the cold air intake systems but I would assume they may not be dependent on their attachment by the air clearner top hold down studs. I copied the bleow from the K&N web site. Looks like that fits your truck but it may not be what you want. Also has a link to the installation directions.

K&N Product Information for 57-3026 Intake Kits > Fuel Injection Performance Kit Gen2 The Generation II FIPK® is K&N's ultimate performance product, designed to increase power by as much as 10%. Most FIPK's are street legal in all 50 US states and come with a 10 Year/ Million Mile Limited Warranty. K&N intake systems replace your vehicle's restrictive factory air filter and air intake housing. K&N intakes are designed to dramatically reduce intake restriction as they smooth and straighten air flow. This allows your vehicle's engine to inhale a larger volume of air than the OEM air filter assembly. More air means more usable power and acceleration throughout the engine's RPM range. The filters on these kits are washable and reusable. Most of our intake kits are relatively easy to install using tools commonly available (see installation instructions). [MORE]

57-3026 Product Specifications Product Style: FIPK Estimated Horsepower Gain: 10.25 HP @ 4237 RPM Type: Gen II Replacement Filter: RF-1032 CARB Exempt: Yes Weight: 14.4 lb (6.5 kg) Product Box Length: 36 in (914 mm) Product Box Width: 13 in (330 mm) Product Box Height: 10 in (254 mm)

Available Information Installation Instruction Sheet Dyno Chart - 94 Chevrolet 1500 5.7L,A/T,2WD,2G - 10.2HP increase Large Picture Medium Picture Small Picture

57-3026 Vehicle Applications

Accessories RF-1032DK - Air Filter Wrap RF-1032DL - Air Filter Wrap RF-1032DR - Air Filter Wrap RF-1032DY - Air Filter Wrap

Reply to
Elbert

sorry for the numerous spelling mistakes........

Reply to
Elbert