Air Filter

is there any difference in the K&N and the KOOL BLUE air filters that summit sells? i recently bought step bars from them and they sent me a 20 dollar off coupon. so i was wondering what what the difference is. thanks for any info on this topic

Reply to
Charles H.

Save your money by buying a good paper filter. I've never met anyone that has noticed any appreciable benefit from the "high Performance" air filter unless it also included a cold air intake. I have, however, heard some guys complain about problems after they over-oiled the filter.

****************************************** I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson ~
Reply to
Rich B

Absolutrly - Go with the K&N over the Kool Blue any time. K&N filters out smaller particles - comparing them side by side you can read a book throught the Cool Blue. You will aslo find that the K&N holds up to the heat better than the Kool Blue. Charles, I assume by you mention of step bars that this is for your truck, go with the K&N.

"Charles H." wrote:

Reply to
Dave Dixon

I just got the $20 coupon too. That kicks butt. Summit rocks.

--

98 Camaro

Reply to
98 Camaro

what sort of problems do you mean with over oiling?? I found upgrading to a K+N filter smoothed my idle out a bit....a bit more power, but not toooo much :) what are good paper filters worth? $7 or so each? replace when dirty? the K+N pays for itself in a few dusty seasons, and you get (even little) performance benefits...

Hamilton Audio