Another Vortec question, O2 sensors.

The 99 Astro Van 4.0 Vortek has 3 O2 sensors, one in each manifold and one after the cat. I am installing it in a vehicle with no cat, but will have a sensor on each header. Is there a way to fool the computer into believing the 3rd sensor is reading in spec?

Reply to
Paul Calman

Yup,

and
both sell 02 simulators. You will need to run the post-cat connector where it will plug into the simulator.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Thanks, Doc. I've got the fuel delivery system whipped and will be moving into the electrics next week. I'm leaving all the stock equipment intact, but installing a cat would be unnecessary in a 68 Jeepster, and increases the chances of starting a fire in the brush.

Reply to
Paul Calman