Oil Cooler Line and Engine Failure

Regarding a 1996 Jimmy: I am about to maybe get into a lawsuit because somebody who put new oil cooler lines on my car forgot to put the retainer clips on at the radiator fittings. They failed to put the clips on BOTH the upper and lower radiator fittings. About a month ago the lower oil cooler line completely popped out and lost all oil almost instantly - it was spattered all down the driver side undercarriage and side of car. My problem is, I only drive about 280 miles a month, and this failure occured and ruined the motor 9 months after they put on the oil cooler lines. So the people who "fixed" my car are saying that there is no way on earth that the car could have gone 9 months and 2200 miles with the clips not on. But this really is what happened, and I gotta find some sort of way to prove that the car could go "clipless" for so long. Does anybody have any experience with this kind of failure or situation.? Any help would be very greatly appreciated. Its a few grand I can't afford to loose right now.

Reply to
Younger Dryas

LKN4SNO

"Younger Dryas" wrote

I would have to agree with the people who "fixed" your car.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai