Axle woes have returned...need a lifespan estimate.

Around 125 to 150 ft lbs or so. Recheck them after you drive it once and the seat some.

----------------- The SnoMan

SnoMan

Oh...Must of missed that...

Reply to
Shades

Reply to
David Johnson

Is your truck a 3/4 ton? If so, the 10 bolt is a waste of money! As I recall, the 3/4 and 1 ton are 8 bolt wheels and 1/2 ton are 6 bolt.

Reply to
Mike Dobony
1/2 ton... to my knowledge all K5 Blazers came with 1/2 ton suspension and axles.

The bad news is, I'm getting a car... :-(

The good news is, I'm getting a smaller, more fuel efficient, nicer car to drive daily :-)

This means the K5 is going off the road for a while. And since I won't have to depend on it for transportation, I'm going to go ahead and start building it the way I wanted to--with a 14 bolt rear, 8 lug wheels (converting the front axle to 8-lug hubs), 4-6" of lift, bigger tires, etc...

And I'm going to do the cam swap myself. I'll take my time.

~jp

Mike Dob> Is your truck a 3/4 ton? If so, the 10 bolt is a waste of money! As I

Reply to
Jon R. Pickens