Radio codes

Where would I find information on Delco radio codes? I gues it's the anti-theft component of the system, battery was diconected now no tunes. TIA

Reply to
tom davin

you set the code? if ya buy a used car then have the dealer get the codes reset to YOUR numbers. now its too late, fork over $$ at the dealership.

Reply to
Im Right

Reply to
tom davin

The following procedure will give you a new code that you can use instead of your personal code. Using this new code, you can "unlock" your radio and then "re-lock" it with a new code if you wish. Prerequisites: The radio must be in LOC mode NOT in INOP mode.

Let me explain. If you have activated the Theft-Deterrent feature of your radio and loose power, the radio goes into LOC (theftlock) mode. With the ignition on, you must use the MN and HR buttons to enter you personal code in order to unlock it (The instructions are on page 3-27 in your Y2K Owner's manual). If you fail to enter the correct code eight (8) times, the radio goes into INOP mode. You have to wait an hour with the ignition on before the radio returns to LOC mode (go for a long drive somewhere).

Procedure:

  1. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
  2. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds
  3. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. Don't take forever, fifteen seconds max before the next step.
  4. Press the AM/FM button
  5. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.
  6. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05
  7. Call 1 800 537 5140
  8. Press 1 then # (pound). You'll hear "Invalid Code, try again"
  9. Press 139010 then # (pound). You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by * (start)
  10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then * (star)
  11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice
  12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
  13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11
  14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to SEC

Hope this helps. It has saved me $$ and time. Be careful with the radio, it controls the functions of the vehicle also (depending on model). I have a 99

2500 4x4 and the radio can be set to prevent the vehicle from starting or be taken out of park.

Bowman

Reply to
Your Name

Chuck03