Bank 1

I have a 199 GMC Sierra 1500 5.3L

What side of engine is bank one? Actually are not sure, old age?

Reply to
Doug

Bank one is the side of the engine where cylinder No. 1 is located.

In this case it would be the drivers side.

Reply to
Steve W.

Do you know if cyl #1 is always the cyl closest to the radiator/front of the car? I've always thought that would make sense but never had it confirmed and don't have a Chevy v-8 around to go look at.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

On a front engine vehicle with a longitudinal mounted engine it should be. You have to watch out for which side though. (There are a couple exceptions to this in the high dollar imports)

On transverse, mid and rear engines all bets are off. Most consider bank one on a transverse engines to be the forward facing bank regardless of #1's location.

Reply to
Steve W.

Reply to
Doug

I asked advance auto which side is #1 they said it was passenger, it did not seem right to me, that is why I posted. This is why I never buy any parts from Advance, unless they are the only one who has the part and I need it right away!!!

Thanks aga>> I have a 199 GMC Sierra 1500 5.3L

Reply to
Doug