Belts squelling when starts

This is a car, I had a friend of mine change the 2 belts on my daughters 03 Infininty as they were cracking. We did this about 2 weeks ago when she was home.. Daughter went back to school and called me that when she starts her car the belts are squelling real loud. When she takes off it goes away.. Do you think these are loose maybe the belts stretched or something. I put on Gates belts.. What you think? Thanks

Reply to
Jack Valance

Tensioner could be weak; bearings in tensioner pulley or idler could be going bad; pulleys could be glazed, including any that have the back of the belt contacting a pulley. I'd check the pulleys for glazing first, as it would be the cheapest to deal with. Don't just do a visual check, clean them anyway.

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart