brake line's

don't use copper, use only steel or stainless steel for the brake lines.

I've also heard to avoid using copper on the fuel lines as well. Flexible rubber fuel line (rated for gas) is ok to use.

Reply to
Portly Stout

Here is a little item to toss in to the mix. NY now has a provision in the inspection laws that says NO compression fittings on the brake lines. So a sectional line has to be all flares and couplers.

Reply to
Steve W.

I made dies for 1/8", 3/16". and 1/4"' I.D:

But a while ago I said if you wanted to follow me around, like a dog. Just don't stick your snout up my ass?

Now I feel it near my ass and nuts. Bad dog!

You have a pentance for making things personal I see, but with your poor grammar and lowlife attitude. I think you need to bolster your non existant manhood by picking on others. But it's OK, I feel sorry for you because you are most likely the lowest paid tech at your shop. plus the boss must tell you to not fratenize with the customers, so they don't see what low level grease monkeys he hires.

Refinish King

WebTV?

Lower than AOL users, you must also live in a trailer park?

PS

Do you know how to use a lathe?

I can send you a diagram of how I made the different radius dies to bend tight bends in brake tubing.

NAh, I doubt it!

===== ===== (concerning the price of a "double flaring" tool) snipped-for-privacy@neveryoumind.nospam.com (Refinish King) spews forth with.........

I have it all, so I don't have to price it!

Plus, I made a nice bender that bends tight bends without kinking the line, in a die that the line fits in tightly. ========= =========

King....

Coool......what did you make the bender out of? Sounds like a nifty little tool. What size is the "die" ?

marsh ~is setting you up.....but go ahead and answer if you wanna~ ======= =======

Reply to
Refinish King

No rebuild needed - it was just the throwout bearing (the first post was on "she said" advice) - and the TO bearing was so bad that when I dropped the tranny and let the pressure off of it, the ball bearings literally hit the ground.....and the car's only got 50k miles on it.

Her "At least $1000 for us to look at it" from the dealer turned into a $130 clutch set, the cost of having a flywheel resurfaced, a tube of locktite and some pizza.....

JC

Reply to
JC

Same here in Pennsylvania:

When I was in NY, there wasn't any compression fitting law, soon as I moved to Pa. Boom, I was failing cars like crazy!

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

I have to say:

After careful reconsideration. I agree with you. He's a flatulent sphincter. Maybe he's an illiterate trailer park inhabitant with rotten teeth and just lives off of other's bad luck postings.

I'm glad your endeavor was a good one though. If I ever may be of any assistance, please post to the group and I can e-mail you. ' Wouldn't want the marsh inhabitating, rotten toothed monster getting my e-mail address now, would we?

Even though he posted some time ago, that he is an accomplished hacker, on webtv?

That's a laugh!

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

Heh. Flatulent Sphincter. I'll hafta remember that one.....

Thanks for the offer of assistance - and I noticed that you said you do inspections in PA. Where in PA might that be, as I'm lookin to move back to the Allegheny county area sometime soon... ;-) (by the time I get back up there tho, and with all that *great* paint and body advice MM gave me - such as "have a cooler for the beer and one for bondo dust" and "you're gonna kill your air compressor", the restore on my '79 K-1500 will be 100%. Wheels and tires are done (thanks to income tax return), and I've got shiny new Bendix rotors sittin in the garage waitin for that 'stang to get outta the way...)

I think I heard somewhere that the local cops broke up a huge ring of hackers using webtv....................................ROFL!

JC

Reply to
JC

North Central/North East:

You'll be moving to the Pittsburgh area, which is an emissions maintenance area too. So your exaust pipe gets molested once a year too.

But keep in touch anyway.

Nice chatting with down to earth people, which aren't of the clique or coffee clotch mentality.

Thanks,

Refinish King

PS

WebTv Hackers are known to write the most malicious viri of all hackers!

LOL

Reply to
Refinish King

. .

. =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D Feb 22, 2004, 12:03am (CST+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@neveryoumind.nospam.com (Refinish=A0King)

I made dies for 1/8", 3/16". and 1/4"' I.D:

But a while ago I said if you wanted to follow me around, like a dog. Just don't stick your snout up my ass? Now I feel it near my ass and nuts. Bad dog!

...... You have a pentance for making things personal I see, but with your poor grammar and lowlife attitude.

........ WebTV? Lower than AOL users, you must also live in a trailer park?

Refinish King .......... PS Do you know how to use a lathe?

...... I can send you a diagram of how I made the different radius dies to bend tight bends in brake tubing. NAh, I doubt it!

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D Hey......Kansas Jack (aka Refinish King) the part about the dog....rotflmao....

i give.....uncle.....

quit throw'n bondo balls at me and i'll quit chunk'n tater graders at you

marsh ~passe's his bottle to King.....hopes he don't drink it all~ =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Reply to
Marsh Monster

. . VERY LONG . .

======== ======== Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Sun, Feb 22, 2004, 5:04am (CST+6) From: snipped-for-privacy@where.com (JC) writes....

No rebuild needed - it was just the throwout bearing (the first post was on "she said" advice)

- and the TO bearing was so bad that when I dropped the tranny and let the pressure off of it, the ball bearings literally hit the ground.....and the car's only got 50k miles on it.

Her "At least $1000 for us to look at it" from the dealer turned into a $130 clutch set, the cost of having a flywheel resurfaced, a tube of locktite and some pizza.....

JC ======== ========

Next time......

Take a test drive to confirm the diagnosis, before you include 2nd gear losses in a post asking for an opinion......cuz.....my opinion is....... "The only thing that will cause a 2nd gear ONLY loss.....is internal."

any whooo..... glad to see alls well,

marshmonster ~never,ever,never,ever......never.....use someone elses diagnosis to start turning a wrench~ ......... ......... as a side note.....wanna hear a funny ????

no???

well I'm gonna tell you any whooo.....

true story....

Volvo....(sorry..I could've lied and said Chevy)

Last week, old lady comes into the shop. We had her tranny out for a front pump reseal a couple of days before. One of the guys carries the car for a test drive, pulls the car on the rack, puts it in the air, and starts messing around with the shifter linkage on the tranny. The builder dude walks by.........next thing you know .....the builder dude has the pan off, the valvebody off, and has a hammer in his hand. Now..........I'm watching the show from the other end of the shop.....and I see the builder dude carry on with his hammer...his grinder... and his pry bar for about 45 minutes. My curiousity gets the best of me, so I take a little stroll on over........take me a look, and asked "what's the deal builder dude?". He said the lady was complaining that her shifter was hard to move. He gets me to climb the ole ladder up to the drivers seat.....where I give the shifter a little "feel" test. Shore nuff.......it was a little clingy going through the gear pattern. So I climb back down the ladder and take a look at all the linkage. All looked good. In the meantime....the builder dude is changing springs.....doing a little grinding on the comb.....just sort of fine tuning everything inside the valve body area. Now I'm thinking.....ain't no use in two of us sitting under hear scratching our heads....so I went back to where I was.

After about 1 1/2 hours worth of fine tuning.... the builder dude walked by and said that's as good as it's gonna get......"see what you think".

So I did......and it felt the same to me.

Well....he goes inside and gets the ole lady, to see how she likes it......it is her car. She jumps in the seat....and within 10 seconds tells him.....

"No....it's still the same....the KEY is still won't come out."

00 L O

I almost fell on the floor laughing......... he'd spent an hour and a half fixing a problem she wasn't complaing about.....and .... NOT FIXING THE PROBLEM SHE CAME IN FOR.

so....he crawls under there real quick...gives it a few turns...and what do you know.... now her key comes out the ignition switch. Took bout 2 minutes.

Come to find out.....the original "test driver" told the builder dude.... "Her linkage is binding" .....and just walked away.

rotflmao

so..........JC, the next time you want some advice, you may want to BE SURE of the symptoms that you are describing. That way......someone won't tell you that motor is blowed up...when it's the fan hitting the fan shroud.

respectfully submitted as a learning tool

marsh ~ain't yet seen no bad clutch cause a "2nd gear only" failure~ ===== =====

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Hmm...let's see....

I didn't put a wrench to *anything* without test driving the car.

I again submit that I was asking if there were known problems with the T-45. Maybe I should have asked it that way, so that simple people can understand it. It's like the math question that you had in 2nd grade, where the train leaves Austin at 5:15 AM and on this train is Tom, a banker from Atlanta, who makes $145,000 a year, and buys tea from China at $.50/lb, headed for Pittsburgh at a rate of 55 miles per hour, with a distance of 1428 miles to cover . I'm going to ask you how long it takes the train to get to Pittsburgh, and you're going to tell me that there's something wrong with Tom.

Simple people......

Reply to
JC

Can and do trailer park citizens read news groups? Do they own computers? (that would imply the ability to read)

Reply to
Portly Stout

Just a poor choice of metaphores:

at a time you lose control, you lose.

My most humble and sincere apologies if I insulted anyone or defamed anyone group due to my loss of control.

Submitted with kind regards,

Refinish King

PS

I never came here to get into a flame war, just to chat like Marsh and I are now doing. We just misunderstood one another. My slip of the tongue/keyboard/brain has now tarnished a sector of America which had nothing to do with the original argument.

So fellow posters, Think before you put keyboard in mouth.

Thank you

Reply to
Refinish King

I wouldn't worry to much about getting flamed RK. Those of us who live in trailers from time to time can laugh at ourselves. In fact there is a guy over on an rv group that goes by the name of snipped-for-privacy@trailertrash.com. He is quite funny. Here is a couple of sites that do a spoof on trailer parks for a chuckle:

And this one is a little over the edge.

Enjoy, MR

Reply to
MR

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:11:35 -0500, MR wrote: we rv with a small group of friends... whenever someone gets their 1st rv and joins us, we always congratulate them on becoming Trailer Trash..

Mac

Reply to
mac davis

LOL

I had an RV till last week, and lived in a trailer when I got married in

1984.

So you people took that way out of context, or did I use it way out of context?

Either way, I can't say I'm sorry enough.

Respectfully,

Ref> we rv with a small group of friends... whenever someone gets their 1st

Reply to
Refinish King

. .

snipped-for-privacy@neveryoumind.nospam.com (Refinish=A0King) was giving Marsh a treat.. and we heard him say.....

I don't feel that snout near my ass and nuts anymore, good doggie!

Peace! Refinish King =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

lmao

marsh =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Reply to
Marsh Monster