Cabin Air Filter for 99 Z-71, $15.00 for 2!!

My truck has 53K miles on it. I figured it was time to change the cabin air filters. I did not realize there were 2 of them, when my truck had 25K on it, I checked the filter and it looked OK. I blew it off and put it back in. It was only until I looked closely that there were 2 in there. One you could pull straight down and remove, the other you have to pull it backwards and then down to remove. It might say there are 2 in the manual, It is not handy now so I can't check.

Seeing as how I am planning on keeping this truck for awhile (I bought it new) I figured I would replace the filters. I checked online at various places and the cheapest I found them were 12.95 each plus shipping. I then called my local NAPA and he quoted me 15.00 so I ordered 2. When they arrived I as well as the NAPA owner were surprised there were 2 filters in each box. Thus I have 4 filters. Anyway, 15.00 bucks for two filters which are made by WIX (NAPA Part # 4805), not bad.

Keep in mind when you find the filter that you have to remove the kick panel (at least my truck has one) under the glove compartment held on by 4 screws.

HTH

Reply to
RHinNC