Change Differential Gear Oil

I am changing the gear oil and I was wondering what is used to suck the old oil out. I saw a little hand operated suction pump at AutoZone but wasn't sure if that was the way to do it. Suggestions? The owners manual suggests 75W-90W synthetic lube. Sound right?

Bugsy

Reply to
Bugsy

It's difficult to get the fluid out with out a power suction. Just get a differential gasket and remove the cover.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

bugs, if your differential has a cover, the best way to go about this is to remove the differential cover and drain all the old lube out that way.

Yes. :-)

All the Best, Steve 15 year independent AMSOIL Synthetic Lubricants Dealer Offering wholesale prices to all Dealerships available E-mail me for details

To respond via e-mail, simply take the, "REMOVEXX" out of my return e-mail address.

Reply to
SnThetcOil