Clunking Noise

I have a 2000 S-10 4x4 with the 4.3L

My problem is a clunking sound which seems to be coming from under the front end. It only happens when the steering wheel is turned hard to the right under initial load. Any idea what could be causing this?

Reply to
Don Torgrimson

Transmission member Mount is Broken on the LEFT SIDE

if yours is like my 89 4X4 then they Break every year since I started plowing snow with it in 1995

Clunks HARD When you Accellerate around a Corner in a normal Fashion. The Mounts are Actaully Right under your SEAT, Where the tranny Cross member Meets the outer Frame ..

I usually Have to Change Both in the Spring..

D> I have a 2000 S-10 4x4 with the 4.3L

Reply to
no one

Another possibility is a Torsion bar rubber bushing.

Reply to
High Sierra