a clunking noise

I have a car that makes a clunking noise after engaging the clutch or letting off the gas after speeding up. It sound like it's coming from the right front, and it only happens in the conditions mentioned. Any ideas? It's a 93 Paseo, if that matters. TIA Tom Seattle

Reply to
Frank Zappa

Bad motor/transmission mount.

There are other possiblities, but that's the first thing I'd check with those symptoms.

Not to me. :) Hansome car, though.

- Bill

Reply to
Bill Leary

Sounds like a bad motor mount to me. '93 Paseo is prolly front-wheel drive, huh? If so, that rules out failing U-joints. If it's a rear-drive, check the U-joints.

Other possibilities that spring to mind: Bad CV joint(s) Brake pads shifting (doesn't seem likely, though) Bad bearing(s)

Other than that... Dunno.

Reply to
Don Bruder

Worn tie rod end Decayed rubber bushing