Clutch question, 1980 Jimmy

Got a 1980 Jimmy every so often the clutch refuses to work. By that i mean that the shift fork seems to wrk its way out of the bell housing. So for a while I can use the clutch normally then one day i will walk out and nothing. Its a 350 motor (big suprise) with a Muncie 465 Trans. I have reached my wits end. its been apart and back together in my garage three times. What am i missing? The pedal travel seems strange but its been like that ever since i got the truck. By that i mean it is stiff and slow sometimes and the clutch seems to not have a firm lock up on the full rise of the pedal. I'm wondering if I am missing somthing that was not there to start with or perhaps i am doing wrong. I have tried to lube the pivot point under the dash and have adjusted the hell out of this with no real improvement. Does anybody have an idea or even a series of pictures of a correct set up? from the under car view thanks all mark W. snipped-for-privacy@nospaminfostations.com i will be out of the area but will look this NG up when i get back if you have any questions thank you all again

Reply to
Marko

Jessie Herrera

this