compressing door springs

93 suburban k2500 4x4

Does anyone know the trick to compressing door springs so you can get them back in? This is the spring that pushes the lever against the peg so that the door will tend to not flop all over the place when opened. I replaced the bushings in the the door but was unable to get the spring back into place.

Thanks,

--Jeff

Reply to
JeffH

aarcuda69062

go to autozone or Advance auto parts and BUY the tool

JeffH wrote:

Reply to
tom

Bought a tool at Autozone that does the job. It's called a Door Spring Compressor (I know, who'd have thought it, right?). Cost less than $20.

Reply to
Raymond Sirois

Thanks all - knowing now that there's a simple tool to do this job, I'll run out and grab one. I had assumed there wasn't and that there was some trick to it.

Thanks,

--Jeff

Reply to
JeffH