Fast idle?

I'm getting what seems to be a faster than normal fast idle at startup when cold. Settles down after a few seconds as usual. I think this is normal to some degree, but it seems to be getting more pronounced.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

JB

Reply to
JB

What vehicle, motor, etc?

Reply to
Lane Jennison

Thanks for your response.

It turned out to be the Throttle Position Sensor. This was what I suspected, but at first there were no codes showing. The check engine light finally came on and I was able to get a code.

JB

Lane Jennis>

Reply to
JB