Fuel Gauge 92 s10 Blazer

Howdy gang!

Today I replaced the fuel pump and it was the worst job I have ever attempted to do myself. I can guarantee you that next time I'll just pay someone to do it. LOL

Anyways, I am wondering if anyone can give me some insight on how the fuel gauge works on this monster of mine. I am pretty sure that the gauge is working properly or at least pretty good. The gauge seems to move around alot while driving (up/down hills, around sharp turns). Is this normal?

TIA,

JD

Reply to
JD Howell

Shep

Thanks Shep, While sitting still there is no movement and gauge appears to be accurate. But when the fuel gets lower than 1/4 tank there is alot of movement... mostly in the 1/8 range

Reply to
JD Howell

"JD Howell" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de:

It's normal on vehicles with flat fuel tanks. Most fuel gauges are damped to hide this.

Al

Reply to
Big Al