HELP! Interior light won't go off!!

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I went into my truck, 1999 Chevy Tahoe 2-door, and noticed that the interior dome light wouldn't go off. At first I thought it was the light switch, wasn't that. Checked the dome light override button & the doors. Checked the door pin switches, none looked stuck. I did however hear that "click" sound from under the dash when the lights are supposed to go off after a delay, but they still stayed on. I had to pull the fuse to turn them off. Is there a dome light relay or something I can check or can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Tony

Reply to
tonycougar

Did you check all of the door switches, including the one for the rear hatch?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

does the vehicle have map lights near the rearview mirror? I sell chevy's and had van with th same problem....which wasn't really a problem, but for some reason the map light was in the on position and the dome light wouldn't go off until the map light was turned off...... May not be the answer, but worth checking anyway

Reply to
angie russell

Will try everyone's suggestions this weekend. Will let you know how it turs out.

Tony

Reply to
tonycougar